1.13.2009

Nourishing Our Souls!

{image from Ms Ladyred's flickr site}

Recently, I was asked by my friend Laura Ponticello of Laura's List to write about three ways I nourish my body, mind and spirit. You can visit her site at www.lauraslistbooksforwomen.blogspot.com. But, I'm happy to share my thoughts with you here as well...

For me, nourishing my mind, body and spirit is all about, what I like to call, the 3 “P’s”: Pace, Perspective & Prayer.

To begin, I ask myself what has the pace of my life been like recently? There are many reasons to rush about; but, often, I create a busy way out of no way! So, I ask myself to commit to a slower pace in my day, both through my words and actions. It’s amazing how much more I can hear and see in life when my pace is honoring the reality of my life.

Secondly, I always take time to grow in awareness of my perspective. My question here is, “Am I speaking and acting out of a worldly perspective or a Godly perspective?” In other words, how much do I let the things of the world govern my daily choices, and how much do I let God lead me in how I view the events and people in my life? Remember it’s God that has the reality of our lives. Most of our effort in life is all about working to get back into that reality: it’s the journey of our soul!

Last, but most importantly, I pray! Prayer is the nourishment that allows me to begin to honestly ask myself the questions about the pace and perspective in my life. Taking time to honestly and faithfully open myself up to God in prayer is the greatest gift I give to myself and God. My prayer isn’t “perfect” or “eloquent.” My prayer is simply honest. For, it’s in the act of honest prayer that my mind, body and spirit are truly nourished.

How do you nourish your body, mind and spirit?

Until next time, we take a sacred pause...